Wednesday, April 20, 2005

about new


what a great day.
what a great summer day.

things i really like doing i got a chance to do lots of them today.
thanks to my good friend.
i got to meet new people, i got to see new things, i got some new experiences.
i always like meeting new people. definitely. especially when they have the same interests.
and seeing new things...don't think i've been in cambridge before...a very small town filled with character, and a large architecture school.
so much to see. and everytime i see other people's work, it makes me want to kick myself.

and the new waterloo building, perimeter institute...wow...
my jaw dropped. not at first glance, but after lots of careful observation, it amazed me completely.
it reminded me too much of cobusier, and most of all, scarpa.
augh...and how much i love scarpa's work.
the detail, the consideration, the material, the thought, the poetics.
i can spend a day there in awe of the careful planning and design.
the sun was setting as we were there, and it reminded me of the time in europe.

haha...i can't believe it's my first time seeing an actual saucier and perrotte http://www.saucierperrotte.com/
and an actual patkau building http://www.patkau.ca/
finally...


and then i drove back all the way from waterloo to my house...waaaaaaaaa
haha...that was fun.
music was great in the car and turned up loud!