Sunday, June 26, 2005

let me go


pictures now come with posts.

it's been a great weekend.
it's been a great week.

dragon boating is too much fun, i think i need to join a team next year!

'swimming on a sea of faces,
tired of the human races,
an answer now is what i need.'

i don't know how it happens, and it happens often
but last night, after much self inflicted grief,
i opened up my devotional,

'you do not realize now what i am doing, but you will understand.' john 13:7

i don't realize, and i am far from understanding.
those words came at a time i needed them most.

'in this life, we have an incomplete view of God's dealings, seeing His plan only half finished and underdeveloped. yet one we stand in the magnificent temple of eternity, we will have the proper perspective and will see everything fitting gracefully together.'

deep breath,

'i do not ask my cross to understand,
my way to see,
better in darkness just to feel your hand,
and follow thee.'

the tears stopped,
the prayer didn't.

i drifted to sleep.
___________________________________

as the morning came
worship began
and a great worship it is
i sang with my heart
loud and clear
my grief gripped close
yet to release

then i thought,
my grief?
it is not important,
not me, but you.
i'm caught up,
loosen your grasp,
let me go, so i can hold on

my boat, held back by my own inablity to see.