Monday, June 13, 2005

feeling warm

my first day of work went well, i get my own office, don't know how long that will last. maybe just till the end of july. didn't do anything fun today in the office, but at least i'm not working CAD drawings from the start.

at my grandparents place after work to eat a long...long dinner.
why so long? i asked a few simple questions, and my grandmother went on...and on...haha
no longer relating to my questions. but that's my grandmother.
she has many stories about my dad, her parents, her life and how it was tough.

i have seen on tv before what it's like to live decades ago, but can't fully comprehend her descriptions of the past. she said she has been told that she has worked so much it equals to three lifetimes of work. and i know how hard she works, i can sense it in her tone of voice. through all this my grandfather remains silient. he isn't much of a talker or doer.

so life was that difficult back then.
is life hard these days?
it's funny how we can still find things to complain about.
is life back then, at any level, comparable to life today?
what are things we suffer through in the modern day?

we don't need to worry about having food on the table, we worry about where to eat.
when we have satisfied our basic needs we try to satisfy others ones.
but we, or i, will never be satisfied.

problems in the modern day?
plenty. the world is very messed up,
more complex than comprehensible.

do i think life is easy?
no.

when my grandmother was talking about her past i could see the tears in her eyes.
i sort of wish i have a story to tell that would bring tears to my eyes.

i think i do...
i'll save it for my grandchildren.
___________________________________

lately, each day...
i have been receiving heart-warming gestures,
i'll keep them close when i'm not feeling that great.
sometimes i wish there is a way of thanking more.

a group, a friend, a friend overseas.
thank you.