Saturday, December 03, 2005

if you knew me

as i look to the christmas tree
the same christmas tree
i've seen for over many years

makes me down thats all.

and again,

at this happy time
i can't seem to be

i guess it's that
when i'm troubled
i need sympathy
thanks to those who have been

and no...this isn't really working.

however much i want to say and think that it is
i really don't know

i know i am given what i can handle.

if i wasn't capable
it wouldn't be mine

so easily happy
yet easily crushed

that's what i am

you know what
forget about it.
________________________________________

dark clouds cast a patch of shadow over our hearts
i listen closely to the feelings
that have long been silienced

distinct and transparent
like a beautiful landscape
that can only been seen from memory

can a heart that's been thoroughly wounded
keep on loving me?

i work hard to stretch out
my warmth-less hands

a gentleness that came and went
has already been locked by time

all that's left are grievances
that cannot be waved apart

longing is like a maple leaf
slowly drifting downwards

i ignite a candle to warm the end of autumn

tears that have fallen
has let love completely permeate
the surface of the earth

snowflakes now covered the ground
and i dread to know that the leaves outside
have turned to ice

and i can't do anything
with this pair of warmth-less hands

________________________________________

your cup of grace
is deeper than
the ocean

your strong embrace
is wider
than the sky

Jesus
my heart cannot break enough for
your love

a well that runs deep within
my soul

your perfect words
go further than
tomorrow

when my world shakes
you pull me through
the storm

Jesus
my heart cannot break enough
for your love

spirit waltz - something like silas