Friday, July 15, 2005

dream come true


**warning** system overload


entering a dangerous state

as i sat down at the table today, after work, with my mentor,
one of the most amazing people i know...if i haven't mentioned already
i was nervous

i didn't have a lot of work done
i knew it
i was already working all my hours...

it felt so unreal.
me? at the table with my mentor, this great, great architect
i was astonished

i felt somewhat ashamed of what i brought to the table...
is that all i had?

we talk, we laugh at our crazy ideas...
and not a single word of negativity is spoken.
at the art supply store, she saw i got a tad anxious
she said 'don't stress it, i don't want you to'
haha...see can see right through me
most likely due to the end of the work week after a long day at the office
working on a boring...ugly project
i absolutely looked forward to meeting with her.
after all, it's design work

i watched her sketch...and i was again, so astonished.
by watching her sketch, i was learning
how fast and how nice they are

the ideas kept flowing out of her...
and me? my brain was not too functional
i was exhausted, but resisted to show any sign

the people at work don't come close to being like my mentor,
far from

she said, 'so what do you think?'
i said 'i can't even believe i'm working on this project with you.'
she says, 'it's just the beginning, there are many great things that are going to happen with you.'

haha...what? how many people would even say that

it's like a dream come true.
blessed by a beautiful soul.
one that is extremely talented.

i will now attempt to sketch like my mentor does
and truly a mentor she is.