Saturday, July 09, 2005

the clouds part


it's like having the best slice of pizza in the world


the light visible
how amazing you are.

the words will flow,

what makes this time so great
who makes me feel so great

my hands grip hold the edge of the earth
i pull myself out
i look around
everything seems fresh
like coming out of the grave

a blend of all my favourite things
of all my favourite things
of sights, of sound, of taste, of people

meeting and finding unexpected - rare opportunity
a stroll in perfect weather through a memorable art exhibition
savouring the best cake in town
a phone call i was happy to receive and make

thinking i would need to cook my meal at home
i enter the door
and join my brother and his friends for dinner

i didn't have the best slice of pizza this day
but everything combined today may even surpass
having the best slice of pizza in the world
which i had in florence.

the clouds part,
is the light too bright for me?