Monday, January 01, 2007

06-07

happy new year

2 0 0 7

___________________________________________________

2006 was a fast year

sick of being sick
this time the cold has caught me

my new years resolution will
be to boost my immune system
and to be healthy

in my time of third rest
the thought that i should be learning something new
working on something
being productive
crossed my mind ample times
in which my weak mind responded
i simply can't

yet when i can
i've go full out and exhaust myself

___________________________________________________

2006 realizations

everybody has their own strife and struggle.


sadly i find out all the time
how many people are better...faster
i know...
we all have our gifts.

it's always disappointing to find out
ones who do less work who don't try as hard
to do better by other means

the world isn't fair is it.

i've realized my shallowness
and my need to hold back
from everybody.

i've realized that if i don't part with myself to others
others will not part themselves to me.

i've realized that if i believe in something
with everything i have
i can accomplish it.

i'm not willing to participate in conversation
in many situations.

i'm willing to go far.

that my heart is no stronger
than my strength to hold back a smile.