Thursday, March 09, 2006

pressed


pressed on every side
but not crushed

perplexed
but not in dispair

persecuted
but not abandoned

struck down
but not destroyed

2 corinthians 4: 8-9
________________________________________

it puzzles me
but you understand
and will one day explain

you have fenced up my ways
made my paths crooked
to keep my wandering eyes
fixed on you

to make me what i was not
humble and patient

to draw my heart
from earthly love
to you

so i will thank you
for this puzzle
and trust where i cannot understand
rejoicing that you know
i'm worth such testing
i cling closer
to your guiding hand

________________________________________

is there one day
it isn't sunny in halifax?

this is the best winter ever
in all my life

getting sick of
doing school work
i want to do other things