Wednesday, September 15, 2004

enlighten me

i hope this day doesn't mark the end of summer...

went for dimsum in Chinatown...the nasty smells in the alleyways bring back many memories of my childhood...it's still the same...
after dimsum went to my office...that was fun...two of them were in a very serious meeting in the boardroom with clients...and my visit seemed to be disruptive...the others and i were having too much fun that the secretary had to come back twice like a librarian to 'shhhh' us and warn us that we were being too loud...haha...all of a sudden i think we all felt like we were in highschool. i went back to my office in search for my mentor...she's the best! 'are you serious?' she asked me...yes...i'm serious...'even though you don't have a belly and a beard, you still qualify to be my mentor' she was afraid that she couldn't 'enlighten' me on my thesis...but then right away she spent some time with me reviewing the tedious building code regarding my project...and i said 'there you go, you've just enlightened me.' she's the best.

if only everybody was as enthusiastic, enlivening, and sincere
i know i absolutely need to be more of the three things...
but hey, everybodys different...