Saturday, July 10, 2004

tomoro i share

i find it easier writing in here because it makes me feel i'm writing to someone. words flow better.
it's funny because i've been looking for something to share tomoro with the kids about the Bible.
i've been searching for days, trying to find some suitable passages i can share with kids tomoro in church. right now, it has come to me at last. thank God! why didn't i think of it earlier...i think God wants me to read the Bible more often...! so i'm going to share two verses i've written in here before. the first passage is:
"come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and i will give you rest. take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for i am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." from Matthew 11:28-30
the second is:
"cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." from Psalm 55:22
the first passage applies to life's hard questions. not the simple things like what should i wear tomoro. these are questions such as "who am i?, where am i going? what should i do in life and why?" all of these questions can be answered with Jesus. some days of the week i do feel burdened, my heart gets heavy and i wonder what i'm doing, how come i have to go through all the trials in life? i wake up, i go to work, i eat, i sleep. what's new? through this repetitive cycle, what am i aiming for? what's going to happen a few years from now? i get tired thinking of these questions, and i'm reminded by his words...Jesus is not trying to say that he will put me to sleep right away to give me rest, but he will give me rest from the stress i go through each day and the voices in my head. why did i have to go through that? why do i have to stay for overtime every week while everybody else gets to leave? why did i do so poorly on that project? but i know that things are happening for a reason. God wants me to learn something, everything that i'm going through prepares me for the future, good or bad. and no matter the situation is good or bad i'm learning to cast my cares on the Lord, because i'm learning that in all i do i should do it for his glory and not mine. many of the loads we carry in life are our own creations. many of the weights we carry are given to us by God, but God will never give you more than you can carry. the amazing thing is that when God gives us a load, he will help us carry it. He does not expect us to carry our burdens alone. so i want to tell the kids that no matter what's happening in your life now, good or bad, if you're happy or sad, remember to rely on God. he will give you peace. because he's always listening. and he knows even before you tell him! 11:01 pm