Saturday, November 18, 2006

talk

when you think you hit rock bottom
look again...

there's no hot water
no heat
thankfully it isn't too cold

i can't even fathom my school work
or put my mind to it...
before i got sick i was
already i'm pressing myself

coughing till 4am last night
not sleeping
walking around
thinking of any remedy that i could possibly try...
nothing worked...

i searched to listen to my mp3 player...
to put me to sleep...
it had gone missing...
as i've tried to look again...
nowhere to be found

going through the stages of being sick
one symptom at a time...

i can't talk
i felt so feeble...
not being able speak on the phone

when i thought i was getting better
i found out i was headed the other way...
and no...
i don't know how to take care of myself...

and as i know it will only take time
before i will get better

getting sick
has allowed me to know

that many people care
given many words of comfort
thanks...


and when i was hoping for words
of comfort...
a simple...
...
...

one does not
one says i brought it upon myself
one doesn't let me explain

yes...
i make the wrong judgement calls
i know what i've done wrong
i already know...
you rub it in...
you remind me...

for now...
i don't want to talk...
i don't know where to look...
my words just break and melt...