Tuesday, November 21, 2006

contagious

trying to find a song
that will sing out my thoughts
maybe that's why people
start writing lyrics.

when i found a couple lines
that matched
i had to switch out of it.

heavyness is contagious
one after the next.

then i hit this song...

i lived a lot of life
i caught a dream or two
it's been a sweet ride

but i've faced my share of nights
searched like we all do
looking inside

now i'm standing here
because you've made it clear

this heart inside me beats because
you love enough to take my cross
i'm alive
you gave your life to shatter death
so even after my last breath
i'm alive

...next song

i tried to figure it out
time and time again
and time again

i guess there's just some things i'll never understand
because your ways are not our ways
but deep down in my soul
there is one thing that i know

i'm in over my head
right where i want to be
i'm lost within your love
the love that always covers me
so high
so deep
so wide
a strong and cleansing tide
my soul has found a place to rest

i've been holding on
now i'm letting go
just letting go
going to let your love carry me away
i don't know where i'm going
but i'm surrounded by the truth
and i can feel the current pulling me
deeper into you

you see me for who i am
you did reach out your hand
you made me understand

i'm in over my head
right where i want to be
i'm lost within your love