Sunday, August 27, 2006

prioritization takes priority

one after the other
never a moments rest
a troubled mind
i keep wondering how i get this far

when i'm down
when my souls in need of rest
come your words
of comfort and of hope
i see your face
always smiling back at me
a stream of light
shining straight to the heart

there's a road
that leads me to this place
a path of love
running straight to the heart

over the years
i've learned one important thing
its that real friends
shall never truly be apart

take this gift
it is all i have to give
a prayer of love
forever straight to the heart

________________________________________________


a day at the hospital
can really set priorities straight

good health is a blessing
and shouldn't be taken for granted

and then
to know that i really have friends

is such a great feeling
that cannot be traded

one thing i vow to change
is to not have people wait for me
i really don't like the feeling
sadly i feel time always works against me

right now
i know i need to take time to finish
my portfolio...
but i also know i need sleep...
need to sit down and relax...

i can't do 4 things at once...
one always trumps the other

one always trumps the other...
that's priorities for you.
what do i value more...
i value my work more than my health
all the way up until something goes wrong.

always the case...
we learn from mistakes...
yet sometimes we never learn
and continue to repeat
what is a mistake anyways...
augh.

i'm quite impressed
with those who work in the hospital
i couldn't do it myself
glad there are people who do
and can still smile and care
for the patients inside

all in all
many lessons possibly learnt for me today.
application is another story...