Thursday, June 22, 2006

unexplainable joy

love does not consist in gazing at each other
but in looking outward in the same direction

may their joys be as bright as the morning
and their sorrows
but shadows that fade in the sunlight of love

_______________________________________________


looking for breathing room
the breaks between the frenzy

stopping to catch my breath
reminding myself
this is a very special and happy time
that will never happen again

indulging myself here and there
finding that time
which is now
to gather my thoughts

this week will inspire me for the future
perhaps how i live
perhaps in what i do

so happy to see my brother so happy
even though he's exhausted
i know deep down behind it all
there's this unexplainable joy

i pray for his capacity
to handle the seemingly infinite tasks and details

and i pray that i have a peace of mind
that i remember my purpose
that i can find my strength to persist this week
and not break down or combust
_______________________________________________

come up to meet you
tell you i'm sorry

tell me your secrets
and ask me your questions
lets go back to the start
running in circles
coming up tails
heads on a silence apart

nobody said it was easy
it's such a shame for us to part
nobody said it was easy
no one ever said it would be this hard

please take me back to the start...