Thursday, June 15, 2006

fine tune

after you cry
you feel it in your eyes
the next day

god's way of telling you
he just taught you something
very important.
___________________________________________

excepted

the road is too rough i said
it is uphill all the way
no flowers but thorns instead
and the skies overhead are gray
but one took my hand at the entrance dim
and sweet is the road that i walk with him.

the cross is too great i cried
more than the back can bear
so rough and heavy and wide
and nobody near to care
and one stooped softly and touched my hand
i know. i care. and i understand.

then why do we fret and cry
cross bearers all we go
but the road ends by and by
in the dearest place we know
and every step in the journey we
may take in the lords own company.

___________________________________________

counting down to the days before
i go back for my bro's grand wedding
i'm getting nervous for him.

in my constant push for things to be done faster
due to my needed absence away from school
its too fast
and lost sight of good work
i've produced plenty now
and it hit me today
that they are in dire need of refinment
and fine tuning