Sunday, November 07, 2004

my strength my song

as i embarked on the journey yesterday to 'yonge street mission' i didn't really know what to expect. but i expected the worse senarios. having to wake up at 7:00am on a saturday is quite dreadful. serving breakfast to children and conversing with them was really quite the experience. it was a diverse group of children around 20 of them. i could defintely see God working through them. a sad thing i don't often see in myself. when i remember people, i remember the lasting impression. i see in my 'mind's eye' open smiles. warm and friendly. it definitely makes me want to go back. where i know they seek things than themselves. i felt very comfortable and definitely welcome. one of the workers there that led the gym activity was quite an inspiration. i was thanked, he did not know my name, nor what i did to help, nor who i was, but thanked. i'm glad i woke up to go. again, i am humbled.

my hope is in the name of the Lord.