Saturday, June 19, 2004

yes, everybody

sometimes i lie awake at night and ask, "where have i gone wrong?" then a voice says to me, "this is going to take more than one night." Charlie Brown

last sunday's sermon did hit me hard. only know half the truth about christianity? God didn't only tell us that we should believe in Jesus, but that we must love everybody else, EVERYBODY, not just the people you want to. it hit me hard, for most of the week i took notice of the people around me, could i and would i act the same towards all these different people. i know for sure i want too, but there's this other part that says, can i really? but that's the other half of being a christian. Jesus replied to Peter three times, if you love me, then take care of my sheep. i did encounter somebody today, difficult for me to treat as my own brother, but i really tried. there were things that this person did that i didn't approve of. but then i was reminded not to judge because God is the only one who can judge. i am reminded from the Bible that goes i must first take out the log in my eye before i try to remove a spliter in somebody else's. how can i judge, when i have so many of my own things that can be judged and corrected myself. i take this in stride for i know i cannot love all the people at this moment. today, i have become friends with this person and even got a chance to share some gospel, i never would have thought!

"love is the reason behind everything God does"

shouldn't it be mine as well?