Thursday, June 17, 2004

opening day 1

i haven't recorded my thoughts in a long time,
i'm sure there's much i would like to have recorded in the time that has past, but it is behind me.

my adventures at work
first week - impressed and facinated
second week - tired, but enjoying
third week - discovery and surprise

almost finished my third week of work, i'm quite pleased. one thing that makes me glad is that i had one month off before i found this job. i think to myself, if i knew that i would find a job, i would have used my month off much more wisely. the month of may seemed to pass within a blink. i have to say that at work i've learned much so far about CAD, office relationships, and office admin. as well, simple things as when to ask questions, appropriateness of doing various things at work. it's a great deal of observation to survive this job i think. people say things once, and sometimes i tune out, although i don't notice it myself, but i know i just keep nodding. a habit that must change. work and politics, i've been warned before, and i thought that only happened in large firms, but i was wrong. this firm is of 12 ppl including myself, and communication problems do arise. i've witnessed and yet to see the full outcome.

i feel i have no time now, a lot of it spent communting. almost 2 hrs daily and it sux.
i'm very glad that God brought me to this firm. i feel it was something really set up by a higher power. nothing was in my control. everything just seemed to click. i only pray that things could click more often.

another discovery that hit me hard was bad things do happen to good people, a fact i don't want to realize. the kindest cooworker of mine had his house robbed while he was working OT. i admire his calmness through the whole situation, and how he handles bad situations.

i've got much more to write, though i need to get sleep ready for another day in the "battle field" as my boss (mr architect) likes to put it...haha...