Sunday, April 01, 2007

signed up

'congrats on finishing the competition
and getting your life back!

until you sign up for the next crazy thing
to take over your life that is.'

as my friend wrote to me just a month ago...
and so the next crazy thing has taken over my life

working at one job is never enough for me
now i have 2...

i tell myself i can't miss opportunities like these
and then i come back to reality
and realize what these opportunities mean in reality

the opportunity is as follows:

$5.2 million mansion
requires $2 million in renovations
and the owner as now asked me to do it.

find an architect...
work with the architect through all phases
design with the architect
and report back to him
until it is complete.

seems like i landed my first contract.
a $2 million contract.
nothing is set in stone yet
and many things are still up in the air.

but the thing is...
i'm leaving to copenhagen in may
and i have to go back to halifax
in september
how am i supposed to work on this?

thus the 'crazy' thing
as it exists now as my new 'side' job
i've had many 'side' things

i remember in 2005
where i was working 3 jobs
1 main 2 sides

that was when i just got back
from my 5 week backpacking in europe

my health suffered

as one thing goes up...
others go down...
it all balances out doesn't it...

well as this is now going up...
what is going down...

as i begin to think about
my current main job
and then planning my copenhagen adventure
and the side job
the backburner is now school...

school being
the 6000 word work term paper...
and thesis research and topic creation...

many things...
one at a time...
it's just the beginning
of the next crazy thing
that i've signed myself up for.