Thursday, August 04, 2005

you have my heart

you have my heart 
and i am yours forever
you are my strength
God of grace and power

and everything you hold in your hand
still you make time for me
i can’t understand
praise you God of earth and sky
how beautiful is your unfailing love
unfailing love

and you never change God you remain
the Holy One
my unfailing love
unfailing love

you are my rock
the one i hold on to
you are my song
and i sing for you

still you make time for me
i can't understand
______________________________________
after a long day of work
i didn't want to go home yet
so i walked around the mall
getting some B vitamins

on the crowded subway home
i ran into someone from church

i was really happy to see her
because i haven't talked to her in a long time
her husband and kids have moved and changed churches

how much God has blessed her life
i could see it in the way she told me today
in the short thirty minute ride

her husband has been studying to become a pastor
a major decision to make

no regrets
no resentment
no bitterness
just following
just trusting
just relying

because of her husbands calling
she has been carrying the family's finances
she works long hours
and she spends less time with her family
they have had to move
the children had to switch
from private to public school

i told her a little about myself

she reminded me to be thankful
to know that God is in control


listening to others often helps
put my own life into perspective