Friday, May 25, 2007

'work'

my team


my spot
'work' has been strange
because it doesn't feel like work
it feels like i'm in school
working on a school project
a group project
however there's a boss
or somewhat of a professor
who critiques your work when he has time
______________________________________________


you woke the morning up
running off the darkest night
the longest light i've seen

here goes a chance i know
cashing in on all my chips
let all my ships come fly

these days
a little bit longer than the last
and all of your ways
a little bit stronger than the past
and your light
found my bottle in the night
kept me in this fight
gave me second life

and i won't back down
i won't turn around and around
doesn't matter what comes crashing down
i'm still gonna stand my solid ground

you found me once and for all
i laid it down in the sinking ground
the hopeless undertow
singing out the gentle sound
rattling through my smoking screens
my broken dreams last night
hallelujah ripped through my veins
i heard the hammer drop
my blood in the rain
hallelujah came like a train
when all is lost
all is left to gain


mat kearney
won't back down